Saturday, February 9, 2008

Adenium Hybridization part 2

I don't disgree with any of your comments. I wasn't trying to be critical of those of the creative process by any means. I'm an Artisain who has made my living creating all the time. But, when I create , I ask myself to define, what I am creating, how it will function and why, as well as I also think about the effect of my creations . Certainly our advancement has been because we have the ability to create and achieve our goals. But , in the procees many species of animals, birds and plant life have become extinct, landscapes have dissapeared, diseases have be spread , all I'm asking are questions. If you don't ask questions , you don't get answers.
Creating beautiful flowers and forms is wonderful, a mink coat is soft and beautiful ? Regan, said "once you seen one Redwood , you've seen them all, it was Grant who said , "the only good Indian ,is a dead Indian. I'm asking "US" the people attracted to beautiful plants, flowers and nature to think!! and be responsible and conscious of our actions , however innocent.
There have been many attempts to hybridize many species of plants and many failures. Why ? were the failures rejected? why did they fail. Maybe their growth was irregular, poor flowering ability, poor fruiting.
Our Corn, Maize comes from hybridization but, it is basically only from two species.If these species were to become attacked by a virus or disease corn as we know it would be wipe off the face of the earth.This could happen to wheat and other food crops.That is why there is a seed bank vault to protect and maintain our food sources from threats. I'm sorry I got too off the Adenium track. But there are plant lovers world wide and we are now communicating more easily than ever via the web and should be AWARE! A rose is a rose , is a rose, Peace, Stephen

No comments: